Thursday 12 August 2010

Just have to get it off my chest now.

What is it with car drivers lately?

I've been cycling on the roads, hereabouts for the best part of 6-7 years now, and it seems that in the past couple of weeks, their patience with cyclists has evaporated completely. Tonight, on my way home I had a close shave, far too close for comfort. I was waiting at a red light, and I heard a car pull up behind me, no problem,waiting for the lights to change to green, just like me. It was two way traffic, one lane each way. The light went to green and I set off, wen this sports car accelerated past me, only a couple of inches from my outside pedal, as he squeezed past and between me and the oncoming traffic. I was outraged that he could risk injury to me like that, and responded with the universal wanker sign as he sped away.

This is the third time cars have come within inches of me in this past week alone. I have to admit I'm really starting to worry about my safety, and I shouldn't have to do so.

I really must get a muvie spycam asap., so that I can have these barstards on film at least, as they go about risking my life and limb, and I, at least have a chance of bringing them to book, hopefully not posthumously.

They are just going mad?

Is it because, all of a sudden, there are alot more cyclists out there? That drivers have become even more resentful of them being on their roads?

I don't know, but I do know it's got an awful lot more dangerous out there, in a very short space of time.

Take care.

Cheers.

4 comments:

John Berry said...

Could just be the holiday season?

When that sort of thing happens I tend to take the primary position on the road....there is no gap for them to squeeze by!

Clive Chapman said...

What JB said. I always stop in the centre of the lane at traffic lights when there's no ASL so the bastards have to be patient. At the very least it stops you being left hooked!

MrDaveyGie said...

Nothing piss's me off more then car drivers that like to play games with our health and life.

KungFooSausage said...

I Agree with JB - holiday drivers! Its not an excuse though for driving like a wanker