Sunday 28 June 2009

Still can't get into typing up new posts, and still not able to manoeuvre shots around blog ?

Had a beautiful ride this morning, sun was up and blazing with hardly a cloud to be seen, but there was also a cooling breeze, well between 06.30 and 09.30., after that it got decidedly muggy and close. What do they say about that early bird? Rheola pond looked so beautiful, I had to take a few shots.





Then along by the canal at Abergarwed, you can see what pride the canal neighbours take in their gardens that back right onto the canal.





























Not only was the sun shining but I saw two lesser spotted woodpeckers at Resolven, one flew across the road and settled on a telephone pole, and was soon joined by another, of course by the time I'd stopped, got off the Subway 1, and got my camera out, they were high in a tree and out of sight. But it's the first time I've ever seen one let alone two, and it's up there with the thrill of seeing the otter and her cubs last year.


Pleased to say I've been doing quite a few miles of late, 280 miles over a 7 day period, I worked 7 days on the trot, and did my commute for everyone of them, hence 7 x 40 = 280. My mileage for June this year must already be my highest for any month, since I started cycling. Even on my days off I'm managing 20-30 miles a day. I'll have to sit down and work it out.


Still I'm having to put up with a couple of problems, and I'm sad to say it's the butt end. Either my padded shorts have lost there cushioning effect or my saddle has turned very hard. I'm told that the gel in some saddles get hard over time, so I'm looking to get a new one. On the internet I came across the "Rido" saddle made by the same named company, looks very impressive, has anyone out there tried one ?
No time to type anymore.







4 comments:

Nick said...

...and STILL the countryside you cycle through makes me envious!

Sorry to hear about the saddle. I can't offer any advice I'm afraid; I use an old fashioned leather saddle that's extremely comfortable now that it's finally changed shape to fit me - but at first it felt rather hard and strange.

we;shcyclist said...

Hi Nick, what's mhappened to your blog, I can't check it out anymore ? By the way I just rode home on my commute, and I still desperately need a new saddle--ugh!!

Nick said...

There was a slight hiccup - i.e. I got a bit fed up with it and deleted it - but it's back now.

GET THAT NEW SADDLE QUICKLY!

we;shcyclist said...

Swapped my saddle from the Subway 1, to another which I took off my eldest son's Mongoose, fortunately he isn't riding that bike anymore, he prefers my Pioneer GT touring bike, since I got rid of the drops for straight handlebars. But I digress, I'm really glad you're back in blog world.